Monday, September 1, 2008

Prep time....



So, Next week I'm off to speak at the "Pixel Show" art and design conference in São Paulo, Brazil. In preparation for that I am filming myself complete a piece from start to finish in time lapse photography. For the next couple of days you will be treated with snippets of my painting process, I'm sure you are all overjoyed and anxious to see how it all happens.
The first segment here is how I prep my boards. I start with birch plywood, measure it, cut it, brace it with pine (which includes measuring cutting, gluing, clamping, unclamping, nailing, and probably a few other "ing"s I am failing to mention), sand it, rout it, sand it, plaster it, sand it, gesso it, sand it, and gesso it again. And voi-la! Ready to paint.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey Ian I looked for yours and laura's blog but couldn't find it. Ours is jake-ifer.blogspot.com .